It was so cold yesterday that my car doors were frozen shut in the morning and last night my oldest son said he was too cold to have anything other than soup for dinner. It seemed like the perfect night to make my favorite alphabet soup recipe. It warmed us right up. Please note: the fresh rosemary gives it a lot of flavor pretty quickly so keep checking until it's to your taste.
Easy Organic Italian Alphabet Soup & Late July Crackers
All ingredients available organically except salt and pepper
1 1/2 C Organic Alphabet Pasta (I use Trader Joes)
3-4 Tbsp Organic Olive Oil
2 Organic Carrots – sliced
4 Organic Garlic Cloves – sliced thin
1 Organic Onion Diced
2 Organic Celery Stalks Sliced
1 large Organic Rosemary Sprig
28oz Organic Whole Tomatoes Mashed
6 C Organic Chicken Broth
Organic Parmesan Cheese
Fresh Ground Organic Pepper
Late July Organic Classic Saltines
Cook Alphabet Pasta until al dente and set aside
1. In a large pot combine oilve oil, onion, carrots, celery, garlic and cook over medium heat for 5-10 minutes.
2. Add tomatoes and 2 cups of chicken brith. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Add fresh rosemary.
4. Add pasta and remaining broth, remove rosemary.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve with parmesan cheese and Late July Classic Saltines.