It's official, my family was on time every day for the 1st week of school. I'd like to think it was my careful planning that made it possible, but I think it was more likely the fact that both sons were so excited they were waiting by the door 15 minutes early each day! On the lunch box front, I thought I'd share their top lunch box favorites from week one. Please tell us your success stories too, as a busy mom I could use the help. I usually start to run out of creative ideas by week 3! Share your ideas in a comment at latejuly.com or on our facebook page. Our favorite will get a free Late July lunch bag filled with snacks and a coupon for a box of free mini cookies!
1. Homemade banana muffins - I baked a batch on Sunday and packed them as their snack Mon & Tues.
2. Late July Mini Sandwich Cookies - Milk Chocolate Variety. These are my youngest son's favorite!
3. Oatmeal Bread Italians - Rudy's Organic Oatmeal Bread, Applegate Organic Ham, Organic Valley Cheese, Cascadian Farms Pickles, Bionatura Olive Oil, Spectrum Red Wine Vinegar & a dash of Simply Organic Garlic Salt. For my preschooler (not my 1st grader!) I used a cookie cutter to make a car shape.
4. Either an Organic Valley String Cheese or Stonyfield Yogurt Tube each day. Tip from our friends at Stonyfield: freeze the yogurt tube overnight and let it thaw in the lunchbox!
5. Late July Rich Crackers, Mini Apple Slices and Organic Sunbutter in a little container.
6. Cucumber Sushi Rolls - The cucumbers were from our garden! I made these for dinner the night before.
Hope everyone's school year is off to a great start!